Great Day Washington Host / Reporter more... ▼
|First posted:||February 25, 2017 (last updated 1 day 11 hours ago)|
Great Day Washington -Host/Lifestyle Correspondent
WUSA 9, the TEGNA owned CBS affiliate in Washington, DC is accepting applications for a full-time Host/Lifestyle Correspondent for Great Day Washington, a live daily lifestyle program that airs 9-10AM weekdays.
The successful candidate must be an excellent storyteller with experienced live television on-camera skills. We are looking for an engaging, energetic individual for in-studio live hosting and interviews, live feature reporting as well as taped feature packages. Qualified candidates must know video exists on three screens (television, internet, mobile) and be prepared to produce all three.
The successful candidate must contribute to the content gathering and production planning for each program including researching and booking guests. Great Day Washington includes sponsored and non-sponsored segments on a variety of topic areas including health, fashion, home, local events, health, cooking and more. This individual will be a part of the live show daily, in the field daily, and will be responsible for packaging together stories/segments.
The Ideal Candidate should:
- Be an exceptional live interviewer
- Be an engaging storyteller
- Be experienced in both the television production and editing processes
- Be knowledgeable of social media storytelling and audience engagement
- Be plugged in within the DC, MD, and VA Community
Minimum qualifications include:
- Three to Five years of on-air TV experience.
- Demonstrated proficiency in broadcast producing, writing, and non-linear video editing
- Proficient and regular use of social-media platforms.
- Four-year college degree, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to operate a computer. Experience with content management systems is helpful. Experience with non-linear video editing systems is required.
Please include links to your on-air reel and other work samples that demonstrate your qualifications.
To be considered a candidate for an opening at WUSA*9 - you must complete the online application for this position. Paper resumes or any electronic information received that does not come through the online application process will not be considered part of the applicant pool. No phone calls please.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is comprised of a dynamic portfolio of media and digital businesses that provide content that matters and brands that deliver. TEGNA reaches more than 90 million Americans and delivers highly relevant, useful and smart content, when and how people need it, to make the best decisions possible. TEGNA Media includes 46 television stations and is the largest independent station group of major network affiliates in the top 25 markets, reaching approximately one-third of all television households nationwide. TEGNA Digital is comprised of (please use the apply button below), the leading online destination for automotive consumers, CareerBuilder, a global leader in human capital solutions, and G/O Digital, a customized local digital marketing company. For more information, visit (please use the apply button below).
TEGNA, Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information.
- Employee Type: Full-Time
- Location: Washington , DC
- Job Type: Media - Journalism - Newspaper
- Experience: Not Specified
- Date Posted: 4/25/2017
Please mention WritingJobs.org
if asked how you found this job.