Traffic Reporter (Part Time) more... ▼
|First posted:||April 19, 2017 (last updated 4 days 23 hours ago)|
KGW 8, a ratings leader in the Portland, Oregon market, is seeking a Traffic Reporter (part time) to join our award-winning team. We are looking for great storytellers who will excel in this digital age of journalism. We want journalists who can create unique and shareable stories for all platforms through memorable writing, photography and editing.
We are looking for an experienced, dynamic, and energetic Traffic Reporter who is willing to work on part time, temporary basis. If you like thrive in a fast-paced, team environment, we want to hear from you. You must love where our business is headed and be aggressive at participating on all platforms.
- Produce and deliver traffic reports for KGW News.
- Coordinate information from numerous sources and present to viewers in an engaging, informative manner.
- Must be a self-starting journalist capable of enterprise reporting and be proficient with live reporting, including breaking news situations.
- Actively participate in social media including Facebook and Twitter.
- Minimum 3 years of on-air broadcast experience preferred.
- Practical knowledge of the roads and highways around the Portland, OR DMA is desired.
- Must possess excellent writing, packaging, and live skills.
- Must also be a strong communicator with the ability to react quickly to breaking news in a changing environment.
- Must have a good understanding of social media platforms.
To be considered a candidate for an opening at KGW you must complete the online application on the job page found on: (please use the apply button below) and attach your resume and cover letter. Paper resumes or any electronic information received that do not come through the online application process will not be considered part of the applicant pool.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is comprised of a dynamic portfolio of media and digital businesses that provide content that matters and brands that deliver. TEGNA reaches more than 90 million Americans and delivers highly relevant, useful and smart content, when and how people need it, to make the best decisions possible. TEGNA Media includes 46 television stations and is the largest independent station group of major network affiliates in the top 25 markets, reaching approximately one-third of all television households nationwide. TEGNA Digital is comprised of (please use the apply button below), the leading online destination for automotive consumers, CareerBuilder, a global leader in human capital solutions, and G/O Digital, a customized local digital marketing company. For more information, visit (please use the apply button below).
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information.
- Employee Type: Seasonal/Temp
- Location: Portland , OR
- Job Type: Media - Journalism - Newspaper
- Experience: Not Specified
- Date Posted: 4/18/2017
Please mention WritingJobs.org
if asked how you found this job.